The Portland Garden Club Community Outreach Grants
Portland Garden Club Mission Statement
“To stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, to aid in the protection of native trees, plants and birds, to encourage civic beauty, and to improve and protect the quality of the environment through programs and action in the fields of conservation and education.”
Thank you for considering a proposal for a grant from The Portland Garden Club. We are proud of our history of contributing grants to worthy projects in our community and look forward to reviewing your grant proposal.
This year we have introduced an online application form. Click the link at the bottom of this page to complete the form.
PGC grants typically have ranged from $2000-2500. Larger exceptional grant requests may be considered.
Timeline: Online applications will be received from Tuesday,
December 1, 2020 thru midnight Friday, February, 26,2021.
Criteria used in evaluation:
- The Portland Garden Club mission statement will be used as a guideline in determining if a project is appropriate for a Community Outreach Grant.
- The grant proposal must be project based. We do not fund endowments, scholarships, feasibility studies, maintenance, salary or stipends.
- Project is “shovel” ready
- Project objective is clearly defined
- A sound financial plan and budget with clear proposed use of grant money
- How will the success of the project be measured?
- Identified potential and actual additional funding sources for project
- Proposed impact of project on community
- Identified need in community
- Clear deliverables within our budget year (June 30, 2021-July 1, 2022)
- Unique and exciting element
- Applicant represents a nonprofit organization within our community (Portland Metro)
Questions to keep in mind:
- What is the specific need or use for the grant money?
- Are there an additional sources available for funding?
- Is project maintenance assured?
- Is the community interested in the project?
- Will the PGC contribution make a discernible difference in the future of the project?
Questions about the application process and general information can be sent to the Community Outreach Chair, Fran von Schlegell, at email@example.com